Sometimes, I’m a media maven, a rocket, you might say, coursing through the cosmos with confidence and momentum. Other times, I’m just a frustrated girl, stuck at work until 8p.m., cursing the flawed interface and functionality of Tweetdeck.
The following is less of a wishlist and more of a desperate plea for absolutely necessary usability fixes from Tweetdeck:
1) Ok, not for nothing, but the past is the past. I’d like to keep it that way. For some reason, Tweetdeck is intent on bringing back my old tweets like re-animated zombies avenging the expiration of their relevance. All of a sudden, my scheduled tweets column is clogged with old tweets from last month, dated a month ago. Fru-STRAY-TING.
2) The interface has GOT to quit freezing up. Peep this: I spot a wonderful tweet from one of the fantastic literary minds on my Follow list, and try to reply to or retweet, clicking on the little arrow button over and over .. and over again, yielding NO response. Then, I reload Tweetdeck and the tweet is already gone, washed away by hundreds of new ones, never to be seen again. It’s enough to drive you to the brink of insanity. Please Tweetdeck, help me keep my cool. People are annoying enough to work with. My technology can’t fail me.
3) Another cardinal flaw - scheduled tweets NOT posting. Oh, what’s that you say, that’s the point of Tweetdeck? To miraculously eject your tweets into the Twitter-verse, one by one, according to a scrupulously planned schedule? No way. Yeah. I said it. Come at me Tweet-bro.
4) Answer me this, desktop application: Why won’t you let me post identical tweets?! I swear, sometimes I feel like Big Brother is watching. I understand that my followers’ posting streams should not be clogged with duplicate promotion tweets, but my job is not to do that. My job is to provide nourishing, intriguing conversation, and SOMETIMES, YES SOMETIMES, I will even give away free stuff! And, when I do that, I’d like to be able to schedule to same giveaway tweet several times, OVER A PERIOD OF A FEW WEEKS.
5) The accidental odd shifting of the columns into some negative space in the interface where I can see either half of the column lengthwise, or none of the column at all (with no way to reverse this) has got to stop. It’s worse than a bad acid trip. At least the acid trip is intentional.
6) There’s more, but I’ll just say one additional thing. Can you pleeeeaase pleeaaaase make it so that the scheduled tweet column doesn’t scroll all the way to the top after you schedule a new tweet or delete a scheduled tweet? For branding and promo people like me, the scheduled tweets list is loooooooooong, so to have to scroll through it to get right back to a particular spot if you are deleting a bunch of tweets from that particular moment in time, is frankly a waste of time.